October 19, 2017, 05:09:17 AM

Author Topic: Name changes  (Read 5359 times)

truepurple

Re: Name changes
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 04:07:36 AM »
@PROzess
What question? How you decide how to spell a name? When someone asks you how you do something, it doesn't make sense to refer them to a search engine.

Where as spell check programs are relatively common, thus not too challenging to find. I can't use search engines "that well", its just easy enough in the first place, which is the point that you utterly missed. Your speaking of two completely different issues as though they were identical.

Anyway, back to using a spell check program to keep the old names with no real work or memorizing required. Might I please get some polite and thoughtful feedback on this?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:45:11 AM by truepurple »

Offline abcd9146

• RAWR!!
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 05:24:22 AM »
Looking at the list though, it looks like your wrong about it only being 3-4 names from that list still alive. Looking at it, I would say at least 6 (if not more) from that list are still alive.
Sorry to disappoint, out of the 4 'main' I've really only changed 2 names, thanatos and pandemoniums names haven't really changed, i've only listed them for consistency. i can bet you that even in the english scans, that these 2 names have been spelt in more than one way, but you probably haven't noticed.
There's only 2 'other' characters (who are barely mentioned) who is still alive, all three teachers are already dead. so basically you got 4 new names.

What do you mean? There has only been like 3 chapters in japanese.
I read the entire series in japanese. so no there hasn't been 3 chapters in japanese.

Anyway, back to using a spell check program to keep the old names with no real work or memorizing required. Might I please get some polite and thoughtful feedback on this?
Finally no, I don't want use any spell check program - when we chose to take up the japanese raws, i knew i'd make big changes compared with the current english scans, so i decided to make all the changes at the one time.
also, what if new characters come in? i don't have a korean version of aflame so i won't know their korean name - i would use their japanese name, and i don't want a version with half japanese half korean names. i chose to use the japanese version, i'm going to stick to how the japanese have done the series.

my suggestion to you would be just to wait. i know that another group will release the korean volume bound version when it comes out, just read theirs. they'll release the series in english based on how the koreans did it, the version that you are used to.

Offline AxelHUN

• Raw Provider
  • Not so Newbie
  • No way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 07:40:02 AM »
Are you some kind of spell checker fag?
So far you mentioned "spell check" almost 15 times.
Just give up, no one is interested in it.
And fyi Simple and pretty much all scanlation groups have PROOFREADERS.
And you know what their job is? To correct typos and mistakes maybe?
And guess what! They too doing it for free!
As for the names, like I said. Bear with it or gtfo.
You are acting like a spoiled little kid. Grow some balls and bear with the reality that you are not the center of the universe.
If you are so damn smart, why dont you learn Korean or Japanese? Heck, do you even know any other language than english?

Let me quote a bit...

Its funny to have people on one hand describe it as so hard to remember the correct names, and on the other hand say its so easy, which ever puts forward the refusal of this request.

Indeed its funny how you cant do it either...
And for the record, you have been explained why did abcd change the name and why he wont change it back in the future. You made a request(pretty selfish one tbh), it got refused and you now demanding it again and again. Just. Like. A. Kid.
So what you doing now is not a feedback at all. Its whining.

Good day~

Offline yealoFTW

• love me love me~ nyaaaan~
  • Retired Staff
  • Legendary Member
  • rawrr. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 09:11:26 AM »
Would someone please answer my question about how the english spelling of korean, japanese, chinese etc. names are decided, and how that spelling is remembered when you do.

how the spelling of the names are decided? How about this... have you even researched about japanese language? did you even bother to do that? how about you try this http://www.linguanaut.com/japanese_alphabet.htm

you can see that each letter has a "corresponding pronounciation"

like ? for example is "a" and ? is "ri" ? is "ga" ? is "to" and ? is "u". read that altogether and youll have ARIGATOU. {im not entirely sure or correct about that but you get the meaning.)

not even knowing that... are you really into mangas? =__=

and SIMPLE SCANS ALREADY DROPPED THIS PROJECT! so what the hell are you still complaining for?! Youre saying this is a suggestion. If so, we have all the right to refuse it since WE are the ones making the decision here. AND SIMPLE SCANS HAS ALREADY DROPPED THIS PROJECT.

If the other readers have adjusted to this, why cant you? Do you know why your post was so annoying? It's because unlike other readers, you still complain about it even after hearing our answer. The other readers, when the whole name change thing was explained to them, they accepted it whole heartedly. Yeah sure at first there was bitching and moaning but they understood us. Why? Because they know that scanlating is a hard work. We don't get paid here FYI so we have no obligations whatsoever to put up with your whining and moaning.

And what is it with you? simple name changes and you get all that fussed up about it? Can't you learn those names? Seriously dude, stop complaining. We ARE NOT even doing this series anymore. =---=

I'm not gonna delete or lock this page cause it's so much fun reading all those posts you made.

Offline PROzess

• Pissed Off Translator
  • Translator
  • Legendary Member
  • Liar & Troller
    • View Profile
    • Unlimited Novel Failures
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 11:26:41 AM »
I'm not gonna delete or lock this page cause it's so much fun reading all those posts you made.
The admin just gave the okay to flame, GO! :)
* PROzess runs

Offline Izirae

• Administrator
  • Loves Simple. <3
  • You can't run--once I like what I see, I'm a killa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »
Would someone please answer my question about how the english spelling of korean, japanese, chinese etc. names are decided, and how that spelling is remembered when you do.

how the spelling of the names are decided? How about this... have you even researched about japanese language? did you even bother to do that? how about you try this http://www.linguanaut.com/japanese_alphabet.htm

you can see that each letter has a "corresponding pronounciation"

like ? for example is "a" and ? is "ri" ? is "ga" ? is "to" and ? is "u". read that altogether and youll have ARIGATOU. {im not entirely sure or correct about that but you get the meaning.)

not even knowing that... are you really into mangas? =__=

and SIMPLE SCANS ALREADY DROPPED THIS PROJECT! so what the hell are you still complaining for?! Youre saying this is a suggestion. If so, we have all the right to refuse it since WE are the ones making the decision here. AND SIMPLE SCANS HAS ALREADY DROPPED THIS PROJECT.

If the other readers have adjusted to this, why cant you? Do you know why your post was so annoying? It's because unlike other readers, you still complain about it even after hearing our answer. The other readers, when the whole name change thing was explained to them, they accepted it whole heartedly. Yeah sure at first there was bitching and moaning but they understood us. Why? Because they know that scanlating is a hard work. We don't get paid here FYI so we have no obligations whatsoever to put up with your whining and moaning.

And what is it with you? simple name changes and you get all that fussed up about it? Can't you learn those names? Seriously dude, stop complaining. We ARE NOT even doing this series anymore. =---=

HAHA. I couldn't have said it better myself.
As I clearly stated in the beginning of my response, "Forget me being rational."
Did I say I wished to be polite?
You're one of those people who sits there and harps on things on and on and on and on forever till the end of time. Pity.
Let it go. Move on with your life. We don't care.
Something you don't seem to comprehend: What is done, is done. The names have changed, and it is the way it is. Wait for the volume version if you are so disconcerted.
However, from what I did read, this entire topic is hilarious.
If you wish to further complain about this topic, speak with the group scanlating it for God's sake.
Guys, I don't even know why you bother speaking with this person...
They are clearly looking for a reason to argue and will not stop until they are appeased in their search.

@Pro
Lul, always the optimist, eh? :3

Offline PROzess

• Pissed Off Translator
  • Translator
  • Legendary Member
  • Liar & Troller
    • View Profile
    • Unlimited Novel Failures
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »
@Pro
Lul, always the optimist, eh? :3

What else do you expect from me?^^

Offline Pervert

• Not so Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 06:38:14 AM »
where's my new chaps ;__;

Offline abcd9146

• RAWR!!
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 09:58:31 AM »
* abcd9146 points at yealo

truepurple

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 11:01:11 AM »
If you had said you had dropped the series from the beginning, instead I am told things very different.

Quote from: yealoFTW
What's cruel is if we NEVER did it even if we have all the resources or suddenly stop doing it for no good reason.
Quote from: Prismatic
We'd like to ask that you get used to all these changes.

Quote from: Prismatic
We (well, a few select members anyway) plan on doing this series for an extended period of time using Japanese RAWS, it would be easier just to stick to the Japanese names.

Quote from: abcd9146
I'm sticking to the Japanese names as that's what I'm used to.

All of which say the opposite of "we dropped the series".

It was also so hard to get people to talk about the main issues involved in a polite rational way. If you guys had better manners and used reason in discussion instead of nastiness, this thread could have been alot shorter, simpler, friendlier. Hell, if half the people who have replied knew how to stay on topic, (or were able to figure out what the topic was, what ever the case might be) this thread might be notably shorter.

Oh well, I finally got a reply to my main idea, its not particularly rational to me, cut and past into (and out of) a spell check is easy and smart beyond the names things. It would catch many of the typos you do occasionally come across when reading these. Plus the having dropped it thing, which you dropped on me only at the end here.

So now that I got my answers, I can be free of reading posts of trolls and flamers (along with a few more polite and reasonable posts by some)

I might come back to see what was up with you guys talking like you were still doing the series (and prismatic suggesting doing it for good while, even if not by simple scans name) then suggesting it was dropped and a orphan for now.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:04:30 AM by truepurple »

Offline yealoFTW

• love me love me~ nyaaaan~
  • Retired Staff
  • Legendary Member
  • rawrr. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 11:10:47 AM »
What da hell?
Forget me being rational.
I didn't even read all the posts, this is just rubbish.
What is so hard to understand that the manwha has been changed so that it's being published by the Japanese? GOD.
Hate to break it to ya, but we're not that publishing company!!
If you read US published manga, the last name comes LAST, the first name comes FIRST!!
In pretty much ALL scanlations that exist on this planet, it's the opposite. Why do we do this? Because we try to preserve as much of the Japanese/Korean/Chinese culture in our scanlations as possible.
That should clear that up; it's not that complicated.
And how do you start reading new manga/manwha then, if you can't stand to learn people's names? I mean, I don't even...I can't even...NRUH!
I'm sorry, but this is absolutely ridiculous. ONE, Simple isn't scanlating this manga anymore. TWO, Complex is merely following the publication of the manwha.
THREE, this all changed like 20,000 years ago!! I can't believe people still talk about this. -_-

Here's what you should do:
Read AI, or don't. Simple.

That was Izirae's reply to you.

Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 12:31 pm

So I think we know who is not really reading here. =____=

And those replies you quoted were for the PREVIOUS scanlations we've done of aflame. Coming on our forum to complain about the name changes and not even CHECKING to see if we're still doing it?! like hello?! That is so.... in a nicer way, not smart.

So i guess we've cleared up things here. Hope you enjoy your life and next time you have questions for ANY scanlators, how about you read about the topic before hand aye? And try to see if they're STILL DOING IT.

PERIOD.

Offline AxelHUN

• Raw Provider
  • Not so Newbie
  • No way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 04:54:06 PM »
Simple dropped it as mentioned in the announcements:
http://simple-scans.com/index.php?topic=991.0
Got picked up by other group; which in fact might have the same members as Simple?
Hmmm...if you were at least a bit serious you could have come to IRC and find out trivial things like that. Oh, wait......you are afraid to talk to ppl on IRC. Never mind then.

And remember!
Flaming is caring! <3